How To Use CRM Email Integration With Dashup
3 years ago
Email marketing has been around since 1978, and it's not going anytime soon. Technology may advance, yet successful companies still use it to communicate. This proves that email is still the king when it comes to commercial growth.
If you want your business to thrive, make sure that your email marketing is on point. This doesn't only mean writing killer copies or devising clean-cut sequences. You also have to get organized, from setting up campaigns to sending your emails in bulk.
The Advantages of CRM Email Integration
An outstanding email copy is only as good as the system that sends the message. Introducing email integration to your CRM solution allows you to organize your clientele into targeted groups that receive your content at optimal intervals.
On top of that, some other benefits of CRM email integration include:
- Flexibility – with CRM and email marketing bound together in one platform, it's easier for your sales team to nurture leads while actively responding to your customers' emails.
- Complete Visibility – using data charts, gain valuable insights to identify how your customers are reacting to emails. This allows your sales representatives to make calls that cater to each prospect's best interests.
- Automated Follow-up – Thanks to email integration, there's no need for tons of sticky notes that causes confusion. Sales agents can now automatically send email campaigns like customized thank you letters to follow up on customers.
- Centralized Data – Having integrated emails into your CRM system, a sales member will be able to access records without having to switch between two applications, therefore saving a great deal of time.
- Consolidate Contacts List – as your company grows, it'll become more challenging to keep up with long lists of contacts. With email integration, you can merge subscriber lists to your CRM to avoid redundancy and keep things on track.
These are only some of the reasons that make CRM email integration vital to your sales process. Honestly, this list can be longer, but that's not the purpose of this blog.
Today, you'll learn how to use the real deal.
Building CRM Email Integration into Dashup
In the previous blog, How to Build a Sales CRM with Dashup, you've created a contacts database that allows you to keep track of your leads. This time, we're going to continue what you have started and integrate emails into your system.
Ready? Let's go!
1. Login to Dashup. Create a new page under Sales Pipeline and name it Bulk Mailer. Choose Bulk Marketing Page type.
2. Set the Contact Model to Contacts Database. Set the fields according to this picture.
3. Tap on Connects. This section links an address that will send emails to your contacts.
Click Add Connect, set connector type to Gmail, and then click the sky-blue pencil icon.
Tap Connect with Gmail and log in to your account. Don't forget to allow permissions.
4. Next, click the column icon on your bulk mailer dashboard. Add the columns that you want to display for the contact.
5. The bulk mailer will automatically use the contact information from the Add Contacts page entries. However, you can edit contact details like email and phone numbers from the mailer dashboard itself.
6. Well done! You can now use the bulk mailer to send emails to your list. To choose which contacts to send emails to, simply check their tickbox in the dashboard.
Sending Targeted Bulk Emails
Sometimes, your staff will have to send emails to a targeted bracket of contacts. Manually highlighting each one can be a hassle. Don't worry! Dashup easily lets you group these contacts using the filter option.
1. Remove the email and phone number columns. Add the vertical and estimated deal size column to the dashboard.
2. As an example for targeting certain groups, you can set the filter to Retail if you want only the contacts tagged as retail to show up.
3. You can also set the filter to show deals based on the estimated amount.
Tracking Email Activities
With all the emails your sales team has to deal with every day, staying on top of things is a major challenge. For this reason, we're going to create an events tracker that provides complete visibility on the status of emails.
1. Create a new page below Bulk Mailer. Name it Email Events, then set the page type to Model Page. Add another page called Create and choose Form Page type.
2. On the Create page, select Email Events as the form model. Next, add these fields on the form along with the corresponding label and input.
Contact (Model Field)
Email To (Email Field)
Email From (Email Field)
Type (Text Field)
First Opened (Date and Time Field)
Total Opens (Number Field)
Title (Text Field)
Body (TextArea Field)
Email Sent By (User Field)
3. That was long. Now go back to the Bulk Mailer page and click on the three-dot icon on the upper right to access the page settings. Go to events and set the fields the same way as these images.
4. Go to Email Events and add every column. Next, go to page settings and set the Grid Form(s) to Create.
5. Let's try sending an email via Bulk Mailer. After sending, go to Email Events, and every activity should be visible in there.
Congratulations on finally adding email integration to your CRM software! You can now enjoy better productivity with your sales team and smoother communications with your customers.
CRM email integration is vital in streamlining your workflow. It improves your communication with your customers and audience without compromising the time and energy of your sales team.
That being said, there's a lot more you can do with Dashup. Want to know what those things are? Let our team schedule a personal demo for you. You'll be amazed at how comprehensive it is!